FRANKLIN ROSS OUTSTANDING GUIDE AWARD
The WSFAB Outstanding Guide Award is presented annually to an Alberta resident in Memory of Franklin Ross.
The winner shall have been nominated for the Award by a current member of WSFAB, and selected to receive the Award by a committee that has been designated by the WSFAB Board of Directors. Preference will be given to a sheep guide.
Nomination Deadline: January 31
Submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Franklin Ross Outstanding Guide Award" in the subject line.
Among the criteria the committee will consider are the following:
- A commitment to high ethical standards and sportsmanship.
- The esteem in which the guide is held by his/her hunting community, and his/her peers.
- Consistent willingness to go the extra mile to ensure a quality hunting experience for his/her clients.
- Knowledge of the country that he/she hunts and the big game animals inhabiting that country.
- A work ethic and dedication to the health, safety and well-being of his/her clients.
The guide does not have to be a current member of WSFA but should be encouraged to join by their nominators.
2019 – Scott Kennedy
2018 – Gary Cruickshank
2017 – Cameron Fancy
2016 – Steve Crawford
2015 – Quintin Thompson
2014 – Kelly Wiebe
2013 – Buckle given to each of Frank’s parents - Carrol and Wayne